James H. Vipond
| Plot: A blond, blue-eyed American couple
become invisible just before their 11th wedding anniversary, after
drinking an exotic herbal tea.
This story combines science fiction and comedy, with some genre
deconstruction, but will not necessarily include characters from
my now-defunct webcomic,
The Easy Breather. It was inspired in part by
the short story “Dr. Haze and Danny”, message #4325
on the Invisiphiles Yahoo! Group, and influenced by these
Mr. & Mrs. Invisible is an ongoing story
intended for a general adult readership. It may be adapted to
film or television. Poser 10 illustrations are also in
development, using the Poser 4 figures to represent the main
couple, Gerald Thomas Whitaker and Deanne Rose McKee Whitaker,
who stand 6 feet 0.2 inch and 5 feet 11.3 inches tall,
- Language: clean; the Lord’s name is respected
- Sex/nudity: some nudity, both male and female, but nothing
- Violence: none intended
Click the right arrow below to begin reading the story, or go
directly to a page:  
  
  
  
- Both spouses have acquired the ability to become invisible.
- One spouse may be visible while the other is not.
- Their invisibility does not affect their vision, their
clothing or any objects they handle. Food and drink, however,
do vanish once ingested.
- When both spouses are invisible, they track each other by
scent: Gerald follows the lemon scent of Deanne’s
shampoo, and she follows the pine scent of his aftershave.
- As long as they wear their platinum wedding rings, the
couple are perpetually visible.
- The couple will use their power not for mischief or sexual
immorality, but to defend the innocent and help the needy.
- Their invisibility may wear off without warning, especially
when both spouses are nude, within view of strangers and with
no clothing at hand.